5/7/07

Greetings to everyone.

I decided to start a business blog again to have a place to jot down my ideas and other relevant things I need to share or put out there in order to make some clear cut decisions about how to best run my business.

I recently visited a site called eMoms and they had the following questions in a post. I am going to try to answer them and maybe it will help me with figuring out if I am on the right path or need to make modifications to the way I am currently operating things.

What would be a fun way to attract 10 new visitors to my sites?
On a chance I went to my latest Search Engine Marketing newsletter and found this incredible site called MyBlogLog. I had to sign up for this. It was a must. Since then my traffic has increased from 1 to 2 hits per week to 1- 6 hits per day. I have also joined a work from home mom networking site that has helped my exposure as well. I am participating in the banner pool exchange from mompack too. I also need to attract more people to my Cafepress shop but for right now I am thankful that I am getting more hits on my main site.

Why am I so grateful to have this opportunity to pursue my dreams?
On this one I just want to say that through a set of circumstances beyond my control I have been able to be a single parent and still stay at home. I am thankful that I have been able to be on assistance so I can still live and go to school and run my sites without having to work outside the home on top of it. I am also thankful that I am in great health in the areas that matter most so that I can get up every day and get on the pc and motivate others to be the best they can be as well.

What resources DO I have NOW that could lead to future growth?
I think the first question addresses this I have mompack now and MyBlogLog and the banner exchange pool at mompack and also their filler list and their contest and promo lists. I also have gained a huge amount of info from going to school that I can use as well. I have the small business development center at the local chamber of commerce and i have various things at school that I can utilize when I need to.

How will this add value to the publics lives?
This is a no brainer actually by me promoting health and wellness and weight loss it will help people to see they are worth what it takes to make themselves healthy from the inside out.

What is my ultimate outcome?
I would say I want to be like Dr. Phil or Bill Phillips but right now I think my outcome is just to be a positive enabler for people. I think if they can see all the struggles I have been through and have managed to stay positive and healthy and sane then I'm hoping that they can learn to find that inner strength to do it for themselves as well.

What do I want my business to look like?
Well we all want the brick and morter store front which I will admit I want however for the moment I think the more practical thing is to build myself on the internet and then when I get to build my store I will have my internet success on my portfolio to help give my loan request a boost. So I guess I can say I want it to look like a successful internet business at the moment.

What values have I upheld to get to this point?
Hard work, diligence, perseverance, determination, trustworthiness,dependability

What are the beliefs I have had to adopt along the way to get me this far?
Oh man this is a big one. I would have to say keeping an open mind and learning that I still have so much to learn that I have to keep at this everyday to make myself look credible. I have also had to develop a thick skin and realize not everyone is going to jump on my bandwagon.

What have I had to let go of in order to succeed?
I have let go of procrastination. I have found that in the world of the internet if you dilly dally around you will get left in the dust quickly and no one will bother to take a second look at you. I have had to let go of anger and resentments of my past and turn them into positives so that I can use that to focus on my business instead. I have had to let go of all the meaningless things like partying,drinking, and sleeping all day so that I can be productive. Well I am a parent anyway so that is out of the question all together, I have had to sacrifice some sleep in order to get things done late at night when I haven't had time to get on the pc.


What are my daily must do's?
These are a few, things change on a daily basis
  • Have to check my email to see if I have anything relevant from my newsletter providers that I can use on my sites
  • I have to answer any emails that need to be answered
  • Check all of my sites to see what new activity is going on and if there are any issues that need to be addressed
  • Look for new graphics that I can use and any other elements to make graphics for my site.
  • Look for relevant content that I can use on my sites
What are my daily must nots?
I tend to get off track sometimes but it is necessary to break things up a bit as I spend alot of time on the pc. I think I am going to have to really evaluate this one cause I do alot of things on the net that require networking and keeping people interested in what I am doing.

0 comments: