6/27/07

One month blog aniversary.



This week marks my one month and going mark here. How have I done on meeting my 30 day goals well let's take a look shall we.

I have found a layout I like really well.

I went through all of my posts over at yahoo 360 and transfered them here so I could build up my content here.

I have a pretty good sidebar going and I am comfortable with the positioning and such as it doesn't look clunky or awkward.

I can't do anything with compiling a list of my resources here at home until I can get a book shelf and get all the stuff out of boxes so that is on my to do list for the 6 month goals.

I still need to put all of my diet related pictures and images in one folder for quick reference.

So I am very pleased with how this blog is coming along. The Blog Carnival is a great idea and I will continue to do that. Now I just need to market this blog more. I can add that to my 6 month goals.

So my 6 month goals look like this.

1. Spread the word
2. Continue to look for relevant content to blog on
3. Get more local people to notice my blog and encourage them to make comments
4. Look for health related widgets and modules to add(this is ongoing and will change as is needed)
5. Survey consistent readers to find out how useful and informative they feel this blog is.
6. I also want to add to this list writing at least one article by me and setting aside one afternoon a week to research and post the article.

9 comments:

Kate said...

Your blog is really coming along. You know you can also personalize your blog on blogspot with your own backgrounds, change the sidebar width, add sidebars, and a ton of other stuff with a little HTML coding. I'm no expert, but I've been able to customize my own blogs with little trouble (except, of course, I am always doing new designs and having a grand old time changing things ;) )

I think this is a great idea. Persoanlly, I'm a little put off by the name, because I always feel like I have to be in Kansas to comment... on the other hand, I've been looking to find a good weight loss blog or community. I had the idea of starting a group about a year ago, but never got it (or my diet) off the ground.

Good to see someone taking the innitiative.

Peter Haslam said...

nice easy look and set up for readers

Unknown said...

Dorid

When I originally started this whole thing I had more representation from the Kansas area and then more people wanted to join my support group that weren't from Kansas. After awhile I realized that we were having growing pains so I put my group to task by having everyone come up with a name they liked but told them it was important to keep the Kansan connection in the name. We voted for the names and this was the end result.

Your more than welcome here or on my 360 blog anytime I have enough of a following on 360 that I can let it slack a bit while I build this one up and build my design blog up a bit too. I will figure out the HTML stuff give me time.Once I do watch out world lol.

Peter

Thanks for stopping by and for the short sweet words of encouragement.

One Wacky Mom said...

I'd change the background because the green dots are distracting. Other than that...like how you layed out your goals...that's great!

One Wacky Mom said...

I agree with Dorid about the name Kansas.......you shut people off. Why would I come to your blog...its in Kansas.

Unknown said...

Ev

The trick is getting Kansans to come here. Our state fell 4 places in the ranks of America's fattest state. We went from the 22nd fattest state to the 26th fattest state in the Union.

Topeka was ranked one of the fattest city's in the US. We have more eating spots here then we do family friendly healthy alternatives. On the Wanamaker corridor it is literally packed with steakhouses,fast food joints, buffet places and specialty restaurants.

We also have a poverty population of just over 15,000 people in my city alone who don't have the right resources available to them to learn how to eat healthy and take care of themselves.

As I told Dorid as well anyone is welcome here, on my message board and on my 360 page which is Wildheart's Corner of the blogging world.

Kate said...

:) I'll be around, Kansas or no :)

Anonymous said...

Looks great, Joe!
Best wishes!

Unknown said...

Thank DO need to pay your home a visit soon.

Have a great day.